APPLE JAM CAKE RECIPE
Apple Jam Cake is so good! We loved it so much and were so happy to play with a recipe from Confessions of a Baking Queen, and add in our favorite apple jam included in our gift offerings.
We included Kerber's Farm Apple Jam into this recipe and think it gives it a little extra sweetness we really liked. Plus to knowing our favorite jam in mixed in with all the goodness is a delightful feeling.
We love to share with you all the incredible offerings and companies we work with in a beautiful way. We have expressed how much each company means to us here. Not only are the products so pretty nestled in your gifts, they are really delicious too.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 mins
Your Market Shop:
- Granulated Sugar ~ for more sweetness than the apples provide.
- Whole Milk ~ room temperature milk.
- Butter~ My favorite butter is challenge butter for baking.
- Pure Vanilla Extract ~ any real vanilla will do.
- Large Brown Eggs ~ room temperature.
- All-Purpose Flour ~ make sure you measure your flower for this recipe.
- Salt~ Just a pinch.
- Baking Powder ~ Why? It helps rise the batter.
- Apples~ Medium Granny Smith apples.
- Sanding Sugar~It doesn't melt and it sparkles.
- Confectioner's Sugar~(Powdered sugar) sprinkle on top after it cools.
- Kerber's Farm Apple Jam or Your local markets apple jam)
- Cinnamon: Just a pinch.
How to Bake:
Preheat Oven to: 350 degrees
Pan: Grab a 9 inch pan, butter pan and line with parchment paper.
Whisk: sugar, milk, apple jam, melted butter (not hot), eggs, and vanilla.
Next: add in the dry ingredients and fold together not over mixing.
Combine Apple Slices: Cut 1/8th apple slices and peel.
Pour Into Pan: pour the mixture with apples into the pan and give a thin coating of sanding sugar on top.
Bake: bake for 1 hour 10 minutes until golden brown.
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 8oz (1 Cup) Whole Milk, at room temperature
- 6oz (¾ Cup) Good Quality Butter, I prefer European Style Butter
- 2 Large Eggs + 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup apple jam**Kerber's farms or your markets best.
- 125 grams (1 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1lb 12oz Peeled, Cored and Sliced Apples (About 4 Large Cooking Apples, cut into thin slices (I prefer Granny Smith)
- Coarse Sugar for sprinkling on top
- Confectioner's Sugar for sprinkling on top
Now you can enjoy and make for friends and family to enjoy! Let the cake cool and sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Now slice and enjoy!